• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Buried in cloud files? We can help with Spring cleaning!

    Whether you use Dropbox, Drive, G-Suite, OneDrive, Gmail, Slack, Notion, or all of the above, Dokkio will organize your files for you. Try Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) for free today.

  • Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) was #2 on Product Hunt! Check out what people are saying by clicking here.


2016, May 24 Minutes (redirected from May 2016 Minutes)

Page history last edited by Heather Geddes 6 years, 1 month ago

MOBAC Reference Committee Meeting Minutes

May 24, 2016 2:00pm

Monterey Institute of International Studies


Call to Order: 2:15pm, Ann Jacobson

Present: Ellie Anderson (MPL), Heather Geddes (WPL), Deborah Stephens (HCL), Jen Waterson(MIIS), Ann Jacobson (NPS).  Via Zoom - Aloha Sargent (CAB), Betty Mason (SBC)

Recorder: Heather Geddes

Proxies: Ann Jacobson for Jean Chapin

Approval of Last Meeting Minutes: approved

Public Comments: None

Old Business:

Location of June Meeting – Will be held in Watsonville

Use of Wiki for meeting minutes – discussion tabled until next meeting

Review of Spring Workshop – There was a group discussion, general consensus being that the Spring workshop was excellent and rated highly by most participants.  Several members commented that the workshop highlighted a variety of topics that would be worthy of more in-depth exploration.  The workshop video has been uploaded to the MOBAC site.  Ann recommended that the committee chair should not be the workshop organizer, in the upcoming year we should set up a workshop subcommittee.

Future Workshop Ideas - Brief discussion suggesting the following topics; ebooks (types, models, vendors) or a more focused safety workshop based on comments from the Spring workshop evaluations.  It was also suggested that the group consider doing one technical workshop each year and one broader workshop on customer service skills.  It was decided to continue the conversation via email and solicit ideas from members in June.

New Business:

Do we want to ask PLP to subscribe to Survey Monkey to make it easier to post, track and review our workshop surveys?

- Deborah suggested we try using google forms which are free.  The group discussed the merits of after the fact online surveys vs print surveys at the actual workshop.  It was decided to try google forms at our next workshop and see how it works.


Administrative Council: no report.

Tech Committee: 20 people attended their workshop “Keeping Content Current and Consistent”.  The committee has set up a MOBAC YouTube channel.  In the future, whoever records a workshop will be responsible for uploading the video to YouTube.  The videos can be embedded on the MOBAC site.  The username and password info can be obtained from Deborah Stephens.

ILL Committee: No report

SPLAMBA:  The last meeting focused on SRP and how each library runs its program.

Reference Shares:

Jen – shared a listing of professional books about ebook collections that are available for purchase through ALA.  

Building and Managing e-book Collections / Richard Kaplan

Collection Development and Management for the 21st Century / Vicki Gregory

Collection Development in the Digital Age / Maggie Fieldhouse

Developing and Managing Electronic Collections / Peggy Johnson

No Shelf Required: E-Books in Libraries / Sue Polanka

No Shelf Required 2: Use and Management of Electronic Books / Sue Polanka


Heather – identitytheft.gov, a website put out by the FTC which gives consumers information on what to do if their identity is stolen.  The site walks consumers through different scenarios and helps them create a recovery plan based on what information was stolen.  There are posters and bookmarks available for free to libraries.

Procedural Question: Can our meeting be officially adjourned after the reference shares? YES

Next Meeting: June 28th at WPL

Meeting Adjourned

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.