| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Buried in cloud files? We can help with Spring cleaning!

    Whether you use Dropbox, Drive, G-Suite, OneDrive, Gmail, Slack, Notion, or all of the above, Dokkio will organize your files for you. Try Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) for free today.

  • Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) was #2 on Product Hunt! Check out what people are saying by clicking here.

View
 

2015, May 25 Minutes (redirected from May 2015 minutes)

Page history last edited by jchapin@ci.carmel.ca.us 7 years ago

MOBAC Reference Committee Meeting

May 25, 2015

MIIS

 

Present:  Sarah Dahlen, chair [CSUMB];  Inga Waite [MPL]; Deborah Stephens [HCL]; Jean Chapin [HML]; Be Astengo [MCFL]; Jen Waterson [MIIS]; Jennifer Cockerill [SCPL]; Ann Jacobson [NPS]; Heather Geddes [WAT]

 

Recorder: Jean Chapin

 

The meeting was called to order by Sarah at 2:15 p.m.

 

Agenda:  Added discussion of meeting rooms survey.

 

 Approval of Minutes:  Approved with corrections. 

 

Public Comments: None

 

Reports:

 Administrative Council – No meeting.

Technology Committee – Tech committee is discussing our continuing need for a regional catalog.  They asked if we still felt we needed one, and we all agreed we did.  We felt there should be a link to the existing one (California.worldcat.org) on the MOBAC homepage, and Deborah added it on the spot (very impressive).  They also wanted to know if we needed a survey, and we felt we had probably just done the survey. The problem is not all libraries are included in the catalog, and it would be great if the tech committee could find a way to include Monterey, PG, and Salinas, and any other libraries that aren’t included. 

Interlibrary Loan Committee – No meeting.

SPLAMBA – No meeting

 

Old Business:

Meeting locations for next year.  We viewed the MOBAC wiki for unassigned meeting locations.  Heather volunteered Watsonville for April and Hartnell will check for November.  Sarah asked if we should continue to meet as often as we do, and we agreed we should. 

 

New Business: 

Update information on Library Services survey. Now that the survey has been redone it will be much easier to update.  We have all been tasked with updating our own library’s information by the September meeting.  As you update the page, change the date last updated, and change the font for “zz22” at the bottom to white, to make it invisible. We discussed the responsibility for keeping the staff meeting room survey conducted by the Tech Committee up-to-date.  After much discussion, we decided that responsibility should stay with them.  We also recommended adding a column for contact information to the summary page, with a link to that library’s relevant page.  Also, in the virtual conferencing column, YES* should be changed to “wifi only”.

 

Reference Shares: Jean asked for feedback about a Million Readers flyer she will be presenting to the Admin Council on June 12.  The purpose of the flyer would be to promote MOBAC summer reading programs in non-library places that families frequent, such as State Parks.  Suggestions were made to enhance the flyer, and to distribute it to places like movie theaters, fast food restaurants, etc.  Jean will make the recommended changes.

 

Heather asked for feedback on Freegal.

 

Jean asked who was going to ALA.  Those going will try to get together while we’re there.

 

News from Libraries:  Not recorded

 

Future Agenda items:  Chair and vice-chair for next year. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 23, at 2:00 pm at the CSUMB Library.

 

The meeting was adjourned.

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.